Computer is an integral part of modern life style and there is no official job that can be executed without computer. In each and every area of business or academics, computer is the first requirement. But for manufacturing and maintenance of these large number of computer systems we need expert technicians who have proper practical knowledge about the topic. So there comes the need of diploma holders in computer engineering. They are the main workforce who helps in the maintenance and production of the computer technology of the nation.
The diploma course is open to those students only who have passed their class 10 or class 12. Minimum age requirement is 15 years. In the 3 year diploma course in computer engineering is divided into half yearly semesters. The student’s performances are evaluated on the basis of their performances in practical and theory with equal stress on both.
Diploma computer is the starting point for learning the basic knowledge of computer. This course covers all the fundamental theory subjects, computer languages and hardware knowledge. It includes the practical subjects which are most important for finding best carrier either in fields or academics.
After completing diploma, students can take admission into degree course or can start their carrier directly because this course covers all the fundamental subjects important for finding good jobs. When diploma students take admission in degree course, they start learning directly from third semester of degree course.
Computer engineering department was established in the year 2005 to provide quality education to the students in the area of Computer. The department has excellent laboratory facilities and well qualified and experienced staff in all the interdisciplinary areas of computer engineering. It gives academic freedom to faculties for implementing innovative ideas in teaching learning methodologies & Research for student perspective. Department does regular quality assessment through Weekly test, Mid-Semester exams and Pre-university exams. Current intake of the department is 120.
- Transform students into technically competent, socially responsible and ethical Computer Science professionals.
- Encourage students to become self-motivated, problem solving individuals who can find and understand the knowledge needed to be successful in the profession.
- To establish Industry Institute Interaction to make students ready for the industrial environment.
- To provide exposure to students to the latest tools and technologies in the area of computer hardware and software.
- To promote research based projects/activities in the emerging areas of technology convergence.
To provide a learning environment that helps students to be successful in their professional lives and to prepare students to be lifelong learners by offering a solid theoretical foundation in computing along with applied computing experiences and educating them about their professional, and ethical responsibilities. To producing quality graduates trained in the latest tools and technologies and striving to make India a world leader in software and hardware products and services.
Moral Values are the worthy ideals or principles that one follows to distinguish the right from the wrong. These ideals or virtues are considered worthy in building up the character of an individual. Moral Value refers to the good virtues such as honesty, integrity, truthfulness, compassion, helpfulness, love, respectfulness, hard-work, etc. Students are the future of India. The future of our country depends upon the moral values imparted to them during their student life. Moral lessons should be properly implemented among students in school and colleges. The method of teaching moral values to students is universal. It is the most important duty of the teachers.
- Our institute offers so many opportunities to learn something new everyday for students and faculties.
- The unique property of this institute is that it not only focues on skill development part of student and faculties but also focuses on how they can perform well and serve the society as good human being.
- So many cocurricular and extra cocurricular activites develop management skills, communication skills, presentation skills, depth of knowledge in students and faculties
- Our student and faculty should have properites like
- Academically excellent
- Critical thinkers and effective communicators
- Open to learning and personal development
- Active citizens
- Diploma computer is the starting point for learning the basic knowledge of computer.
- This course covers all the fundamental theory subjects, computer languages and hardware knowledge.
- It includes the practical subjects which are most important for finding best career either in fields or academics.
- Thus after completing diploma computer engineering program, anyone can have knowledge of all the areas required to find best career.
- Student may have ability to apply knowledge of computing and mathematics appropriate to the discipline
- Student may have ability to analyze a problem, and identify and define the computing requirements appropriate to the hardware or software part.
- Students may have ability to design, implement, and evaluate a computer-based system, process, component, or program to meet desired needs.
- Students may have ability to work in a team to accomplish a common goal.
- Students may have understanding of professional, ethical, legal, security and social issues and responsibilities
- Students may have ability to communicate effectively.
- Students may have ability to use current techniques, skills, and tools necessary for hardware of software development.
- Students may have ability to apply mathematical foundations, algorithmic principles, and computer science theory in the modeling and design of computer-based systems.
- Students may have ability to apply design and development principles in the construction of software systems of varying complexity.
- After completing diploma, students can take admission into degree course or can start their career directly because this course covers all the fundamental subjects important for finding good jobs. When diploma students take admission in degree course, they start learning directly from third semester.
- Students can take admission into B.Tech/B.E, B.Arch, BCA, B.Sc-IT etc.
- Students can find openings as software engineers, hardware engineers, network engineers, system developers and programmers etc.
- Students may get job directly in Computer Hardware Industry, Computer Service Industry, Web Designing and publishing, Electronics and Communication Industries, Networking and maintenance industries – and many more, Consultancy Services, Software Development Industries, Mobile Application Development etc.
|Name of Faculty||
|1||Bhumika S. Zalavadia||
|2||Vishalsinh P. Gohil||
B.E.(IT), M. E.(CE)
|3||Janak H. Maru||
|4||Nirali K. Parmar||
|5||Rupal D. Raviya||
B.E.(IT), M. E.(CE)
|6||Vishal M. Kothari||
|7||Dhara R. Tank||
|8||Shital D. Pathar||
|9||Priyanka S. Garach||
|10||Dhaval K. Pandya||
|11||Milan N. Gohel||
B. E. (CE)
|Name of student||Semester||Achievement Details|
|Darsh Ambaliya||4||10th rank in GTU|
|Vishwa Gandhi||2||1st rank in Tech Idea Competition|
|Darsh Ambaliya||4||2nd rank in Tech Idea Competition|
|Renish Chaniyara||4||2nd rank in Tech Idea Competition|
|Hardvee Mankad||4||3rd rank in Tech Idea Competition|
|Kunj Depani||4||3rd rank in Tech Idea Competition|
|Parth D. Kacha||6||1st rank in Project Fair-2017|
|Parth A. Kacha||6||1st rank in Project Fair-2017|
|Nikunj Dodiya||6||1st rank in Project Fair-2017|
|Kishan Bhanvadia||6||2nd rank in Project Fair-2017|
|Preet Gadhiya||6||2nd rank in Project Fair-2017|
|Manaharsinh Jadeja||6||2nd rank in Project Fair-2017|
|Kairavi Shah||6||3rd rank in Project Fair-2017|
|Annu Payyappilly||6||3rd rank in Project Fair-2017|
|Stuti Shah||6||3rd rank in Project Fair-2017|
|Twinkal Desai||6||1st rank in Drawing Competition|
|Alpa Vaghela||6||2nd rank in Drawing Competition|
|Jinkal Kachhadia||6||3rd rank in Drawing Competition|
|Sr.||Title of Research Paper||Name of Faculty||Designation||Link to the Paper Published|
|1.||Cloud Computing Architecture, Services and
|Bhumika S. Zalavadia||I/C HOD||http://www.ciitresearch.org/dl/index.php/nce/article/view/NCE122015004.|
|2.||Linux Architecture and Advantages||Bhumika S. Zalavadia||I/C HOD||http://www.ciitresearch.org/dl/index.php/nce/article/view/NCE062016002.|
|3.||Ways to Use Mobile Phones Safely||Bhumika S. Zalavadia||I/C HOD||http://www.ciitresearch.org/dl/index.php/nce/article/view/NCE082016001.|
|4.||BIG DATA – A SURVEY OF BIG DATA TECHNOLOGIES||Dhaval K. Pandya||Lecturer||http://www.ijsrt.us/vol2issue1/pdf%209.pdf|
|5.||An Analysis of Threats and Security Issues in the World of Cloud Computing||Dhaval K. Pandya||Lecturer||http://www.ijarest.com/papers/special_papers/C228307.pdf|
|6.||THE INTERNET OF THINGS – A SURVEY OF CURRENT TRENDS AND APPLICATIONS||Dhaval K. Pandya||Lecturer||http://www.innovativeresearchpublication.com/documents/papers/jan_pattaya%202016/pdf%2011.pdf|
|7.||A Review of Target Tracking Approaches in Wireless Sensor Network||Dhaval K. Pandya||Lecturer||http://www.ijarest.com/papers/finished_papers/151123035931.pdf|
|1||12/3/2016||Quality Assurance In Higher Education||Hitesh Shukla|
|2||14/5/2016||Time Management for Effectiveness||S.R. VARMA|
|3||14/5/2016||Patent Filling Process in India||Ashish M. Kothari|
|4||30/7/2016||Gurukulam Shanskruti Ayurveda||Dr. Mehul Acharya|
|5||15/11/2016||Decentralized Solar System||Rakesh Oza|
|6||8/2/2017||IEEE Training Session||Akshay Prasanna|
|7||28/6/2016||TeckAge by Globarena||Globareba Team|
|8||14/5/2016||Acedamic Performance Index||Alpesh Joshi|
|9||7/4/2016||Beat Diabetes||Dr. Pooja Khirsariya|
|10||19/3/2016||Workshop in Energy Conservation||K. R. Siddhapura|
|11||11/2/2017||Nurturing Innovation by doing Project||Mr. Narayan Iyer|
Expert Lecture on Soft Skills Development
Soft skills development is an essential part of a student’s education. In order to give its students a head start, the Institute of #Diploma #Studies at #AITS arranged for an expert lecture for the 2nd-semester students of all Diploma branches. The session focused on the how’s and why’s of the basic skills beside providing tips on facing Interviews, grooming and communication Do’s and Don’ts.
Sports plays an important role in the overall development of a student, and promoting a sporting culture is one of the responsibilities of an educational institution. Atmiya Institute of Technology and Science for Diploma Studies (AITS-DS) conducted Sports Day on 9th March 2018, which saw an enthusiastic participation from students in diverse events such as Basketball,Volleyball, Kabaddi, Athletics, Carom, Chess, Table tennis, Badminton and Kho-kho.
|Sr.||Name of Activity||Objective||Semester|
|1||Tech Idea Competition||In this competition students can select any topic related with latest technology and give presentation on that. Students may use charts, models, ppts etc. By this type of event students come to know about latest or emerging technologies all over the world. It also improves presentation and communication skills of students. It helps to build confidence in students.||II, IV,VI|
|2||Seminar on Graphics and Multimedia||MAAC is a very famous industry working in graphics and cinematic. Expert from this industry is going to demonstrate how computer graphics is used for making advertisements, short clips, movies etc. Expert is going to discuss various topics like landscape of the media and entertainment industry, extensive use of VFX and animation in filmmaking, manpower requirements in the industry, opportunities in market and real life examples.||VI|
|3||Seminar on Cyber Security Awareness||This seminar focused on how to protect our computer from cyber threats.||V|
|4||Seminar on Bootstrap||This seminar covered all the basic concepts of bootstrapping which are used in most of the websites today.||IV|
|5||Seminar on Network Devices||It covered basic details about computer network and brief knowledge of devices which are used in computer network (like switch, router, hub, repeater etc). It also covered the demonstration of router configuration and real time example.||IV|
|6||Online Quiz Competition||Today most of the examinations for job either in government sectors or private sectors are conducted online. For example the examination of GATE which is the most important examination for engineering students is conducted online. So online quiz competition is planned for semester-VI students so that they can know how to attempt online examinations. It teaches students how to do time management during such online examination.||VI|
|7||Visit of Slum Area||In this activity students have made food packets with the help of department faculties. With students we are going to distribute food packets in nearby slum areas. This type of activity develops courage in students to help needy people. Students can observe the problems of slum area people and think to help them. They also feel gratitude for what they have that other doesn’t have. They can feel joy of giving.||IV, VI|
|8||Project Competition||Students have demonstrated working projects like websites, Android applications, IOS applications, Desktop applications. By this competition they could learn different tools used in project in depth. It also improves communication and presentation skills of students.||VI|