Department of Information and Technology welcomes young aspirants around the globe to shape their career by undertaking various courses offered by the department. We are a growing department with an outstanding faculty, keeping pace with the rapid proliferation of, and advance in, computing and information technology. Our commitments to quality undergraduate teaching provide a solid foundation for those seeking to become well-prepared, talented, and indispensable computing professionals.
The Department offers a course on Bachelors degree in Information and Technology Engineering since the inception of the institute. The course is approved by AICTE and affiliated to Gujarat Technological University with an intake of 60.
The Department provides world class infrastructure with state of the art Computer labs equipped with latest software and computer systems with centralized air conditioners. The department also has the Sun Solaris Research lab.
About the Department
- The undergraduate degree in Information Technology at Atmiya Institute of Technology and Science, Rajkot, has been offered since 2000, with the first batch of Bachelors of Information Technology graduating in 2004 (intake 60).
- The total intake in the department at the UG level is 60 students.
- The Information Technology Department has sanctioned faculty strength of 14 Assistant Professors. However, the deficit in the human resources is attempted to be made up by hiring teaching assistants.
- The department has well-equipped laboratories consisting of the state-of-the-art servers, computers, network simulator kits, and different simulation software packages. The hardware in the laboratories consists of 7 numbers of IBM servers, numbers of desktop PCs and sufficient numbers of other peripherals including printers.
- The curriculum of the GTU has been designed keeping in view industrial and research needs, as well as the rapid development in the IT industry. Induction of new skill enhancement courses from time to time enables the students to keep abreast of recent technological development. Flexibility in curriculum is provided through Electives, Seminars and Projects.
- The students with their innovative ideas implemented, routinely present Technical Papers at National level Symposiums, and achieve laurels. The National Program on Technology Enhanced Learning (NPTEL) has also been established for the purpose of E-learning through online Web and Video courses in Engineering.
- The faculty members do routinely are engaged in research activities beyond teaching and publish papers in the conferences and journals of national / international repute. The department humbly boasts of significant reputation of excellence in the areas of Information Security, Mobile Communications, Software Engineering, Multi-core Programming and Data Mining.
- The department had signed MOU with IBM, TCS, HCL, Red Hat, Cisco, Cybercure, IETE and other reputed organization for academic & Industrial advantages.
BEST PRACTICES AT DEPARTMENT
- Course Plan, Lecture notes, Laboratory manuals, Tutorials & Assignments.
- Use of AV aids & digital media.
- Use of VSAT for Expert & Guest Lectures.
- Student centric approach in teaching.
- Academic freedom to faculties for implementing innovative ideas in teaching learning methodologies & Research for student perspective
- Certifications of International recognition such as CCNA, IBM RAD, RHCP etc. conducted under Career Academy.
- Regular Quality assessment through Weekly test, Mid-Semester exams & Pre-university exams.
- Project Work and Industrial Exposure for practical knowledge enhancement.
- First Sun Solaris Lab in Gujarat with SunFire 280R Server, 2 Workstations and 15 thin clients.
- Sun Ray 280R Features
- Two High-Performance 1.2 Ghz Ultrasparc Processor? Rack Assembly Front Accessible.
- Remote Management.