Yes, the institute has formed Research Committee to monitor and address the issues of research and development under the heading of “Research Commons” – Synergizing the efforts towards a Research & Innovation Ecosystem. The details are as under
Research Commons has started functioning on 22nd February, 2013 with a vision of promoting research & innovation in the institute. The composition is as under:
|Sr No||Name of Faculty||Department & Designation|
|1||Dr. Ghanshyam Acharya||Principal & Mentor|
|2||Dr. Ashish Kothari||EC – Chairperson|
|3||Dr Vijay Vyas||Management, Member|
|4||Prof. J.R. Bhadeshiya||EC – Member|
|5||Prof. V.B. Thakar||EC – Member|
|6||Prof. Manahar Kagathra||Mech – Member|
|7||Prof. Chintan Varnagar||IT – Member|
|8||Prof. Tushar Mehta||CE – Member|
|9||Prof. Nitin Adroja||EE – Member|
|10||Mr. Manoj V. Sheladiya||Mech – Member|
|11||Mr. Maulik Kakkad||Civil – Member|
|12||Mr. Bhautik Daxini||IC – Member|
|13||Mr. Dhaval Nimavat||CE – Member|
|14||Mr Chirag Barasara||General – Member|
|15||Mrs. Sheetal D. Tank (Librarian)||Library – Member|
|16||Mr. Kandarp Parekh||Vivid Electronics, Rajkot – Advisor|
|17||Mr. Ajaysingh Vaghela||Microshiv Electronics, Rajkot – Advisor|
|18||Mr. Dhaval Sheth||Sofcon Pvt. Ltd, Rajkot – Advisor|
|19||Mr. Piyush Agrawal||Ankur Chemicals, Gandhidham|
|20||Mr. Rajan Vadaliya||Hi-Bond Cements, Rajkot|
|21||Mr. Bhavesh Gardhariya||Infoway Infinity, Rajkot|
- To create a conducive system for promotion of research & Innovation on the campus for both students and faculties
- To support and monitor the research & Innovation activities on the campus and also create opportunities and avenue for interdisciplinary & multidisciplinary research.
- To facilitate the training of Research skills
- To facilitate the process of proposal submissions for availing the funding from different funding agencies
- To showcase the innovations and research at University, State, National, International Level.
- To facilitate and provide training and consultation on IPR issues for the Innovations done by the students & faculty on the campus
- To inform the authorities of departments; head of the institutions and also the management about the potential projects/ research work happening on campus
The major recommendations of the Committee are as under:
- To encourage teachers to apply for Major and Minor Research Projects from GUJCOST, KCG, AICTE etc
- To provide well furnished laboratories to carry out research.
- To get special assistance schemes for up-gradation of Research infrastructure.
- To procure sophisticated equipments/instruments.
- To upgrade library (e-resources, journals, membership of IEEE and others).
- To conduct Seminars/Workshops on major thrust areas like patent awareness, research publications, plagiarism policy etc.
- To motivate and facilitate teachers to attend subject based conferences/ seminars.
- Provision for recurring and contingency expenses.
- To conduct workshop on research proposal preparation, presentation, various schemes and collaborations.
- Incentives to researchers – travel expense, flexible teaching workload.
- IQAC to be proactive in coordination and monitoring activities to promote institution – industry interaction.
- Encouragement & support for the establishment of collaborations & linkages.
The major impacts of these measures are as under:
- Faculty Members of various departments have submitted 44 research project proposals to KCG; seeking research grant
- Various departments submitted MORDROB grant applications to AICTE
- Institute submitted application to GTU for Community Innovation & Co-Creation Centre (C-I-C3)
- Number of research publications of faculty members has been reached to nearly 400 in International / National Journals/ conferences.
- Students also got published their research work and published more than 100 research papers in reputed Journals / Conferences.
- 2 Faculty Members & 22 students along with their research supervisors from various departments have filed patent applications. All application processing fee was entirely paid by the organization which is nearly Rs. 35000/-.
|Department||No of Patents filed*|
|Electronics & Communication||13|
|Instrumentation & Control||4|
(The Detailed Summary of the patents is given in 3.4.1)
- A Number of patent awareness programs for the faculty members have increased the understanding about patent filing process.
8 Some of the students got very good offer from the venture capitalist for the innovative product.
9 Increased in number of research publications, filing the patents, participation in seminars and presentation of articles, membership of professional bodies, by the faculty members and students.
10 Signed MoUs with industries for research collaborations.