The staff / researchers are encouraged by the RC / IQAC and management to submit proposals to funding agencies for Research projects. The support facility provided by the institution to secure research funds are as follow:
- RC and IQAC inform the researchers about the notification by funding agencies. It helps the researchers to prepare the proposals in prescribed format and submission of the same to the agencies concerned.
- It provides library and ICT facilities
- It provides duty leaves, adjustment in time table and incentives.
- Encouragement, suggestions and support for the establishment of collaborations & linkages.
Every department is having the research laboratory where the students and the staff members can carry out their research work.
Library is equipped with large number of subscriptions of the national and international reputed journal which in turn helps researchers to review the best literature in their domain.
Library provides access to Internet through E-Library which has 30 PC’s connected on Network with unlimited access.
- Wi-Fi facility
Wi-Fi facility is available round the clock with some security features like password to surf e-database and e-books.
- Information literacy Programmes for research scholars of various disciplines
Library conduct ILP’s for various disciplines on many topics such as:
- Searching the e-databases through Internet Effectively: teaches how to use different types of search engines, metasearch engines, scholarly search engines (such as DeepDive, Google Scholar), portals and directories. Other lectures cover how to structure a search strategy, choose a keyword or a thesaurus, understand the hierarchy of the subject, and evaluate the search results.
- E-resources introduce subscribed e-resources, such as Science Direct, with theory & hands-on training. We demonstrate why they should use journals for their research and describe what a peer-reviewed journal offers, its level of authenticity and features. They learn how to personalize a search & pick an e-resource depending on the final objective.
- Citing and Avoiding Plagiarism: explains what plagiarism is and the review process that starts once their paper is submitted. We introduce them to reference management tools like Zotero and EndNote.
- Literature survey and literature review: where in the users are explained in detail the steps involved in literature survey and what the different physical and online resources one has to refer to during the survey and tips on selection of a topic of research and also refining process during the survey. At the end the method of writing a literature review and also its different forms are explained in depth.
- Ebrary, NLIST and science Direct
Library has under the NLIST programme got access to Ebrary – a collection of e-books more then 70000+ from various disciplines and various publishers of different genre. Under the NLIST programme the college has access to 21 resources.
- 24×7 Reading Hall is available at the central library
- Archive The archiving service is available for Periodicals and newspaper articles.
- Reference and Reprography Facility
The Library has an excellent collection of Reference books and also offer reference services for users who register for SDI service at the Library. Reprography facility like Photocopying, Scanning, CD/DVD writing is also available in the Library Premises
- Database and Software
The Library has access to many databases both subscribed and open access and the users are made aware of the same during orientation and ILP’s. Regarding the software’s free and open source software’s useful for researchers such as zotero for RMS are downloaded and made available through a central repository by the computer centre and other licensed software’s are purchased by the central computer centre as per the need and feasibility.
- Plagiarism Information
Software like Turnitit has been setup for the faculty and PG and research students. The ILP also cover aspect of Plagiarism and why one has to cite and acknowledge others work used in the research.
- Translation and procurement of references and books from other sources
Library does not offer translation services manually but in some cases of online data the Google translation services are used. The Library has ILL services for reference and procuring photocopies of book chapters or range of pages strictly for research oracademic purpose from DELNET, INFLIBNET.